Here’s just some of the important points :
- Compare rates from the UK’s top specialist taxi insurers, getting you their cheapest and best possible taxi insurance quote
- Choice of 3 levels of cover: comprehensive, third party fire and theft and third party only available
- Discount available for private car no claims bonus
- Discount available with prior fleet experience
- Flexible payment options
- New badge holders offered cover
- Immediate cover now
- 24-hour UK-based claims service
Insurance for Taxis
Taxis are similar to our personal cars except they’re used as a paid-for service to get people where they need to go. There are a number of different types of taxi business, including black cabs, public hire taxis, chauffeurs and private hire taxis. As with other kinds of business, adequate protection shoulds be considered against the risks that come with it.
Is Taxi Insurance Legally Required?
All vehicles that drive on UK public roads are legally required to have insurance, whether this is a personal car or a taxi service. If you are running any kind of taxi business then you will need to get taxi insurance that protects both you, your vehicle and the fare-paying public in the event of any accident and subsequent claim.
How To Choose the Right Taxi Insurance Policy?
There are a number of insurance brokers offering taxi insurance, all of which will have subtle differences when it comes to the cover they can offer. When it comes to choosing your taxi insurance policy, it pays to research carefully and read all of the terms so you know just what you’re covered for and more imprtantly what’s not included.
In general, you should start by finding an insurance company that offers protection for your kind of taxi service. As a taxi owner it’s important that you understand which category you will fit into, and the risks that apply to your specific kind of taxi service. A taxi insurance policy is there to protect your vehicle as well as your passengers as well as yourself.
- Taxi insurance,
- Black cab insurance,
- Fleet taxi insurance,
- Private hire taxi insurance,
- Public Hire insurance
- Multiple drivers insurance,
- Big cities taxi insurance
- Chauffeur insurance,
- Minibus insurance.
What level of Taxi Insurance Cover do I need?
Though some sort of taxi insurance is legally required, the level of cover is up to you. Some businesses may choose comprehensive insurance, where others may opt to save as much money as possible.
It is important to get the level of cover you feel comfortable with. Nobody can ever predict when a breakdown could leave you off the road for hours, or when an accident leaves your vehicle completely out of action. Your business depends on your vehicle and taxi breakdown cover can give you the peace of mind you need to ensure you will be looked after in these circumstances.
When it comes to accidents that also affect your passengers, public liability will take care of any legal implications as well as making situations a lot easier to take care of generally. Not all taxi insurance policies offer public liability as standard so be sure to ask.
The insurance that is essential for your business will depend on your individual circumstances. For example, chauffeurs may need insurance providers that can provide replacement executive vehicles, and black cab taxis may need protection for doing business in big cities that are perceived as a greater risk. If you are considering expanding your business, ask if the policy can amended to offer taxi fleet insurance and other named multiple drivers.
Get several quotes for your taxi insurance and make sure to talk to the provider about how they will cover your individual needs. Get Your Quotes Here
Compare UK Quote's Insurance Partners
Please find below a list of Compare UK Quotes insurance partners:
- 2Gether Insurance
- A Class Insurance Solutions
- A Plan Insurance
- Academy Insurance Services Ltd
- Advance Insurance Agencies Ltd
- Ashbourne Insurance Services Ltd
- Autonet Insurance
- Backhouse Insurance Brokers Ltd
- Barry Grainger Ltd
- Bell Insurance Brokers Ltd
- Bridle Insurance
- Brightside Group
- Broadsure Direct
- Caravan Guard Ltd
- Click 4 Quote Ltd
- Club Class Insurance Services Ltd
- County Insurance
- Coversure Insurance Services
- Discount Landlord Ltd
- Discover Leisure
- DNA Insurance
- Falcon Insurance
- First 4 Insurance Services Ltd
- First Insurance Solutions Ltd
- Freeway UK Insurance Services Ltd
- Fresh Insurance Group
- G4 Insurance
- Globe Removals Ltd
- Graysons Insurance
- Insurance Choice
- Insurance Factory
- J&M; Insurance
- Laurie Ross Insurance
- Leisure & Lifestyle Insurance Services
- Lifesure Group Ltd
- Lionheart Insurance Services Ltd
- LMI Limited
- MCE Insurance
- Metcalfe Insurance Services
- Milestone Insurance Consultants Ltd
- Motor Quote Direct
- Norwich & Peterborough Insurance Brokers
- One Answer Insurance
- One Quote Direct
- One Sure Insurance Services
- Osborne & Sons (Insurance Consultants) Ltd
- Peacock Insurance Services
- Positive Risk Solutions Ltd
- Premier Insurance
- Premium Choice Ltd
- Quotax Insurance Services
- Quote 123 Ltd
- Reach Insurance Services Ltd
- Shearwater Insurance Services Ltd
- Simply Insurance Services Ltd
- SME Insurance
- SP Roberts Insurance Services Ltd
- Staveley Head Ltd
- Sureterm Direct Ltd
- Think Insurance Services Ltd
- Towergate Insurance
- XYZ Insurance Services Ltd
- Wheels Insurance Services Ltd